What is Black Friday?
On Black Friday Sale, shop prices dip for 24 hours in an attempt to get people splashing the cash in the run-up to Christmas. But many retailers now spread out their deals over two weeks, with some now gearing up for Cyber Monday. The day earned its name as it’s often the day shops “move into the black” – meaning they have enough money to cover their costs.
And it works – as customers often queue for hours, even days, to get their hands on the best bargains.
The trick is to be prepared and organised and to always know what you want before the sales start – to avoid unnecessary spending.
1) Find the best tech gadgets on Amazon
The granddaddy of online retailing, Amazon doesn’t want you to wait two whole weeks to get your hands on some discounted loot. The website is gearing up for the shopping holiday by slashing prices across its famously vast inventory.
What to Do: Start browsing now! Amazon has started running early sales.
Types of deals: Laptops, camera lenses, monitors, camera, Google gadgets, phones
Remember, apart from finding valid promo codes, you can use RateX to pay on Amazon with the lowest exchange rates, and save up to 20% on your purchases.
2) Save up to 80% off on Lazada
Last year, from Black Friday all the way until Cyber Monday (24 – 27 November), shoppers get to enjoy free shipping and 0% installment on selected products in Lazada. Besides that, we also found out that they’ve got awesome bundle deals so you get to save up to 80% on certain items. Flash sales will also be occurring every 3 hours throughout this mega weekend so keep your eyes peeled for coveted items.
Lazada might offer discounts of up to 80% this year, so stay tuned!
What to Do:
- Lazada offers many different categories of products on sale, so you can start shopping and adding them to your Lazada cart now.
- Check for promo codes (hint: download RateX to automatically try all available promo codes!)
Types of deals: Electronics, Home appliances, lifestyle products, baby and kids’ products, kitchen appliances
3) Get your fashion on point with ASOS
The biggest sale event of the year kicks off on Friday 23 November. Refresh your winter wardrobe with big discounts on your favourite items including coats, jeans, shoes and more. Stay tuned for ASOS’s Black Friday deals, coming soon. Can’t wait? Head to Outlet for up to 70% off brands now.
What to Do: ASOS offers huge cashback of up to 20% last year. Now, you can use RateX to earn cashback and try all promo codes as well – in fact, we urge you to do it!
Types of deals:
We’re looking at:
- 20% (or more) off across departments
- Student discount of up to 30%
- Up to 70% off selected lines
4) Get up to 80% free off Robinsons store-wide, with FREE Apple products (maybe!)
What to Do: Last year, Robinsons ups the ante by extending the store operating hours of ALL stores Black Friday, 24 November 2017 From 7.00 a.m. to 1.00 a.m. Likewise, you can find many online offers from Robinsons too.
Types of deals:
Some amazing deals last year include
- Gift with a min. of $8000 spend storewide – Apple X, 256gb Exclusively for OCBC Robinsons Group Visa Cardmembers. Payment must be charged to a OCBC Robinsons Group Visa Card.
- Gift with a min. of $6000 spend storewide – Apple iPhone 8 Plus, 256gb
- Gift with a min. of $3500 spend storewide – Apple Wifi + Cellular, 128gb
Visit Robinsons now.
5) Start your Black Friday preview on Sephora
What to Do: Last year, Sephora offered a 15% off for everything store-wide. Whilst they have not releaesed any details yet, you can expect similar discounts. Sephora is slowly releasing details now, and you can find gifts for under $15, under $25, and under $50:
Types of deals: Make up (for Her), facial wash products, cologne, perfume
Visit Sephora now.
6) Zalora Black Friday
What to Do: Zalora Now offers unlimited next day delivery, with 30 days free returns and free delivery above $40. Using Zalora Now, you can get 1 year of deliveries for just $14.90. Last year, they offered 15% off if you download their app. We believe the same kind of promotions will happen.
Types of deals: Clothing, shoes, bags, grooming products
Find the best Black Friday deals and exclusive promo codes
Have you downloaded RateX yet?
Also published on Medium.